I meant to post this a few days ago but all the festive fun has kept me busy and oh so tired, leaving little time to blog.
I thought I'd share with you the look I went for this Christmas in this part and in part two, most importantly what Santa brought me.
Yes, I know I opted for a pretty standard and shall I say boring face look but hey I was spending the day with my over 80 year old grandparents and my three year old who won't even come near me when I attempt a smokey eye or wear red lipstick.
What I used:
- Nars Sheer matte foundation in Sante Fe
- YSL matte and radiant pressed powder
- Bobbi Brown creamy concealer
- Benefit Erase Paste
- Barry M Natural Dazzle bronzer
- Smashbox Flush blush
On my eyes:
- Gosh eyebrow pencil
- Mac clear brow gel
- NYX Champagne and Caviar palette, peachy nude wash and darker brown crease
- Mac's Pearl cremecolour base as highlight
- YSL eyeliner Moire in 6 winged liner
- YSL Singulier mascara
On the lips:
- vaseline as base
- YSL Lingerie Pink
- Laura Mercier After Hours lip glace
I thought I'd play my face safe and let my outfit do the talking, after trying on four potential ensembles I opted for nautical chic with a hint of festive cheer in the end.
What I wore:
- Zara black beret with flower detail
- New Look stripey dress with bow brooch detail
- Zara red cardigan with customised gold buttons I added myself
- New Look black stirrup leggings
- Aldo knee high suede heeled boots (showed in last video)
I rarely wear dresses, usually opting for skinny jeans or 'jeggings' most days with a cute top but as it was Christmas I thought I'd glam it up a bit. I loved this look but I don't think I could wear it on normal days, Christmas was an exception.
Here's my little Lily on the day.
Since Lily turned three and became a 'big girl' in her words she decided to be in control of what she wears every day. Mummy has no say, I was sceptical at first but Lily has great taste and most days she styles herself really well. My little fashionista.
She chose to be ' just like mummy' and also opted for a monochrome dress and leggings.
What did you wear this Christmas?Did you glam it up?