Well, I've now zapped my underarms three times with visible results already but my legs are lagging behind a little having only been lasered twice due purely to my laziness. No change to report there but it's very early days regarding my pins.
My skin and hair type:
I neglected to tell you in my previous laser post some vital information about myself which may help you to gage whether the Boots Smooth Skin is something you would also be interested in using.
My skin type is fair, although I'm not pasty white, I am on the fairest side of fair sans ake tan. I burn fairly easily when exposed to the sun and suffer from random bouts of eczema, so my skin is a little sensitive.
Hair wise despite my wishy washy natural blonde hair the hair on my body is surprisingly dark. It is a dark brown and grows incredibly fast meaning I often have to shave my underarms daily.
Update on week three - Underarms.
I did have pictures to show you the results but for some reason I'm having technical problems getting them off my camera but I promise pics next update.
- Time taken - 5 mins each arm max.
- Virtually pain free, for 90% of zaps I can't feel a thing but on the odd go a sudden pang of heat.
- After just three sessions with the IPL machine I can already see the difference, there are small bald patches in places and it definitely isn't growing back so fast. After three days I can feel a slight stubble.
Update on week two - Legs
The underarms are a wizz to do but the legs are a totally different kettle of fish hence I've only done them twice so far. I have the attention span of a nat when it comes to zapping my legs, I'm not going to lie to you it's time consuming and boring.
The only way I can possibly get through the ordeal is to do one leg one night and the other the next day.
- First session each leg 45 minutes and no visible change.
- Second session each leg 35 minutes, a little quicker this time but still just as tedious, keeping the end result in mind spurs me on. I WILL be hair FREE!!!
Using the laser on a larger area is much harder to do, not technically but just the fact that I have absolutely no idea where I have and haven't been. I try and do it in sections but I have a feeling I'm going to get random patches of hair sprouting up.
So far so good! I'm really surprised and excited I'm seeing results on my underarms already just wish I could say the same for my legs. I'm hoping I'll catch my hair growth in the right stage soon and be fuzz free forever.
Pictures will be included in next weeks update to show my progress.