My skin is hard to please and there haven't been many over the years that have worked quite so well on it, but the news of an improved version softened the blow a little.
The minute it hit counters last week I snapped it up and for the past week it's all I've worn. Although one week isn't quite enough to warrant a full review, it is however just enough to give an initial impression.
I would love to say I'm blown away by Perfection Lumiere but unfortunately this isn't the case. I like it so far but I don't LOVE it yet. I'm hoping it's a grower.
- colour wise the selection is good, Chanel have produced 23 shades with multiple undertones so there should be one to match most.
- smooth and easy to apply but very fast drying, blending needed immediately.
- the scent is AMAZING! Fruitier and fresher than the usual Chanel smell.
- coverage is good, it is mid-heavy.
- I have oily skin and it is drying even on me! Those with DRY skin should stay well away.
- The finish is NOT the most natural or undetectable, it is quite powdery. Keep it away from the eye area!
- although advertised as luminous it is NOT, Pro lovers I feel will not get on with it's very matte finish.
- Lasting power is average, I get oily very quickly and this lasts about 5 hrs without the need to blot/powder but if you have normal skin it would last well.
You know I love my lengthy and in depth reviews so I'll update you on this one in a few weeks for sure. Did you rush out and pick up Perfection Lumiere too? What do you think?xxx